Tidied up my workbench over the weekend. A remarkably cathartic experience, clearing away the shrapnel of a dozen projects waiting to be finished which prompted me do the same when I got into the office on Monday.
Back at home, the clear working area has tripled my output even if not quite the direction I had planned. Since the weekend I've been working on new jungle undergrowth scatter terrain, a dried river bed utilising river sections from Amera Plastic Mouldings and a heap of post apocalypse wasteland stuff.
I'm happily chugging along thinking I'm the terrain king when Heather says...."You know, your jungle isn't really spikey enough. You've got to have a spikey jungle if you are doing Predator!"
Damn she's right! So I set about rebasing 30 palm trees with added sections of plastic aquarium grass matting I'd been saving to use as Kunai grass (see photo above). Further green lichen and plastic plant 'undergrowth' will be added once I've textured and painted the bases.
Of course now, I've run out of space again and there's wasteland terrain on the window sill, rocky river bed sections drying on old newspapers on the floor, old jungle on the carpet and new jungle on the workbench.
Meanwhile, a GZG 'FanVan' Utility VTOL sits accusingly on the drawer unit. This is a lovely model and I'm aching to finish it, but this week, doing the terrain has been 'chicken soup for the soul'.