Sunday 8 March 2009

Rebel Minis - 15mm Marine Support Weapons

Following my preview of Rebel Minis new Earth Force Marines, Mike has sent along photos of the infantry support weapons that will give his 'grunts' additional firepower. They will be available in a separate 'support' pack containing two of each miniature.

15mm Earth Force Marine
Support Team

15mm Earth Force Marine
Support Team Detail

The Rebel Minis Earth Force Marine snipers (below) were compleley unexpected. I currently use the WW2 British Snipers from Peter Pig (pack 413) which I've 'Ghillied up' using dried herbs. They are not so useful on Mars or similar planets though, which makes these new miniatures doubly welcome!

15mm Earth Force Marine
Sniper Team

I like the look of that sniper rifle as an anti-tank rifle and am even wondering about converting them into a guided anti-tank rocket launcher team along the lines of MILAN or SPIGOT/KORNET. Should be fairly straight forward with miliput and a piece of plastic rod/sprue.

15mm Earth Force Marine
Sniper Team Top View

I think the detail in the pictures speaks for itself. Like the 'Grunts', these are photos sent by Mike, so I have no actual figures to review and provide comparison with other ranges just now.

Keeping this short as I've broken a tooth down to the gum and the pain is distracting.

Cheers
Mark

9 comments:

  1. Wow, these really are good additions too. I am not too keen on the rocket launcher though. It seems a bit too bazooka and not enough hi-tech modern rocket/missile system. But I think the model could be modified to taste with a little snipping and some greeblies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree Eli, think of Mars or similar, low gravity, little or no atmosphere, you need a long tube to amplify the force and momentum of the rocket, so that it still has the range and speed to reach the target.

    I think it suits the inherent technology of the figures quite well.

    I also like the way the figure is hunched into the weapon. You rarely see that on miniatures.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Need those ones too !!! 2009 seems to be 15mm scifi year, all this wonderfull forthcoming minis with the new GZG NAC !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Difference of taste, Mark. I imagine if you have the tech to fight in space in the first place, you likely can get a good, accurate, effective rocket in a small package.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Difference of taste, Mark."

    Absolutely agree Eli! The great thing about Sci Fi is that there is no right or wrong, unless you are an avid fan of a particular canon.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you know when these new models will be availalble ?

    (my 15mm Sci-fi :
    http://www.theraskal.com/search/label/(Genre)%2015mm%20Sci-fi)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like these. Actually pulled out my Space Above and Beyond box set and watch some while painting. The armor is a dead ringer for the armor in the show. Wonder what it was based on? ;)

    Once these are available, they are a day away!

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look very nice.

    I especially like, and appreciate the prone troops, and hope they will do similar infantry figures.

    The sniper's assistant's vision-enhancement device is nicely shaped.

    I agree the bazooka could be a bit more futuristic looking, but will be a serviceable piece of equipment.

    I'd like to know when they will be available for sale too, since I want to place an order right away.

    ReplyDelete