- Laserburn has dozens of them under the Adventurers and Star Soldiers, Starship Crews, Mercenaries headings. And since these are available as single castings, you can inexpensively collect a wide variety of these minis. They even have some nice civilian vehicles available.
- The HOF Humanity range offers Cultists, Rim Mercenaries, Post-Apoc Warriors, Starfighter Crews, Trators, and Refugees.
Ground Zero Games has a pretty sizeable catalog as well:
- There are nine different packs available under the Civilians and Colonists range. Several more packs available if you're looking for humans in zero-gee suits.
- Under the Human Characters category we find the extremely popular "Free Trader" crew packs A and B, as well as the excellent Ravager packs.
RAFM has a few interesting packs on the ex-Citadel Traveller page:
- Space Vixens
- Space Pirates
- The Support Staff pack might also be worth a look for character minis, but these are mostly aliens and droids.
Rebel Minis has an eclectic mix of non-uniformed humans:
- Titan Scouts
- Gun Clerics
- Black Widow Mercs
- Under the Gangs, Gunmen, and More range you'll find Post-Apoc Riders, Motorcycle Gangs, Post-Apoc Gangers, Post Apoc Survivalists, and many more. While these aren't typical sci-fi minis, many will still work with the right paint job.
- While you're at Rebel's website, check out the modern lines too. Again, the right paint scheme can make almost any mini work for 15mm sci fi.
Khurasan Minis normally has quite a few options in their post-apoc and Arkham Horror ranges, but those aren't available this summer. But we can still get:
- DPLS Space Crew
- Heroes of Sepulvedan Resistance and Villains of the Sepulvedan Control Forces. If you've never seen these minis in person, you won't believe they are 15mm!
Highlander Studios has some entertaining options in their Gideon's Dust range.15mm freighter crew. And don't forget... just because these minis are sculpted to resemble a certain popular sci-fi show and movie, a different paint scheme could yield entirely different characters.
I hope this catalog helps to inspire your games. Even if you are fighting platoon-vs-platoon, a handful of these minis would be great hostages, bystanders, or objectives. But if you're playing narrative games, you'll want to paint up as many of these as you can. There are quite a few unique alien minis out there too, and we may cover them in a follow up article. I've set a personal goal to do between 3 and 5 of these every week to support my 15mm In The Emperor's Name campaigns!