Thursday 24 December 2009

Ex-Yetis, X-Files

.
I followed my own advice about Green Eyed Miniatures (see blog update 15th December) and ordered a couple of packs of these 15mm Yeti fellas before they were gone for good.

They arrived this morning. Adam had kindly thrown in some menacing Turkeys and militant slug things. Cheers Adam!

Am glad I bought the Yetis, they are very nice miniatures and will have fun painting them up to game an attack on Ice Station Zorba.

I promise I haven't had anything to drink, yet, but the Yetis brandishing the two-handed axe and the pistol (extreme left and right in the photo above), have an uncanny resemblence to Sean Connery in Zardoz! Yes, no, but, seriously!

In fact, inspecting the miniatures close-up, their proportions are such that you could paint them to be indigenous humans wearing bear/yeti fur suits similar to the Inuit. OK, the arms are a 'bit' long if you look hard enough - but I've seen worse on pure human miniatures!

There's no reason why these figures have to be indigenous opponents either - they could be used as local allies in extreme artic/mountain or even forest environments.

Forest environments? The staple setting of the early X-Files. I'm visualising a linked series of games set in Eli's part of the United States with local law enforcement, Federal Agents and eventually Special Forces being involved in localised actions against the newly discovered Bigfoot (Sasquatch) and his pals.

Cheers
Mark
.

3 comments:

  1. These guys look great! Nice ideas too, it seems the possibilities are endless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started painting them immediately after I uploaded this post, but every time I leave the table the cats jump up and start licking the paint off!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Your cats eat paint? Stop painting with goose liver paint. Can't wait to see your painted minis, if they let you finish.

    My part of the world? What about yours? Even weirder to have a giant hairy humanoid showing up in the Highlands...wait..nobody would know the difference. :)

    ReplyDelete