Tuesday 8 February 2011

INCOMING....... Khurasan 15mm Control Battalion

.
One of the things I really like about Khurasan Miniatures is just how diverse the range has become. So many elements stand on their own and can be dropped into any gaming genre. You can buy your platoon, and at the same time, drop a pack of this or that or the other for just a few dollars each, into your order. It makes the package feel that bit more substantial and interesting when it drops through the letterbox.

Take for instance the new Control Battalion - Jon knows it's going to be a 2-4 squads plus command and heavy weapons deal for me. Maybe, even more, as something is prompting me to look on these minis as Weird World War 2 protected Soviet troops.

Khurasan Miniatures 15mm Sci Fi
Control Battalion

BTW I love the embedded drone. The drone adds a uniqueness and character to the force that a generic drone just can't. In fact, the command pack itself turns my next order into a Jamboree bag this time round. And you know, I think the command pack looks quite 'Pulpy'...... "Patches O'Halloran and the Space Pirates of Mong!". LOL!

I used to maximise my orders - squeeze as much as I could out of the postage rates - but all I ended up doing was unconsciously maximising my lead mountain instead.

So I am going for smaller and more quirky orders. I'd rather buy a couple of platoons over 2-3 separate sessions than in one big heap. This allows me to add a side 'dish' or two, curry house style - a Vacation Alien, Jolina Jolina, a Sponk or pack of Jon's latest aliens. It also has the benefit of allowing me to tackle the 'lead elephant' one bite at a time.

Cheers
Mark
.

8 comments:

  1. vert nice and original shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get Villains and heroes of Sepulveda, absolutely best 15 mm on the market...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The troops are even better; i saw a picture of them over on Miniature Review blogspot.
    Personally I'm eagerly anticipating the Khurasan Chewks, i know that there have been issues getting them cast though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot. Just ordered a command pack and 4 packs of Riflethings. :P So happy to finally see these out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phil, I have the chewks, and my painting queue is choked with other sets at present!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Find Freeman!"? ;) Nice models, I definitely have to get some for my display case...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Weyland Yutani Commando inspired helmets. I can dig it. Surprised noone else cited the resemblance sooner.

    ReplyDelete