Wednesday 27 April 2011

Blue Moon rises over the Orange Planet

.
Keeping Pulp Sci Fi firmly in mind, Master Chef has whipped off an order to RAFM which includes a couple of packs of Dracos Warriors for each of us.

RAFM 15mm Sci Fi
Pack RAF07017

The Dracos are ex-Citadel Traveller Droyne. I never really got the Droyne. I don't think it was helped by Traveller Miniatures Box Set 5 Aliens only having 5 Droyne of which 3 had Lasers/blasters when we needed a swarm.  As Dracos they'll make a nice party of Alien scumbags on the Orange Planet.

In return, I'm including 3 packs of  Orion Heavy Infantry for Master Chef in my order to Blue Moon Manufacturing via Old Glory UK.

Blue Moon Manufacturing 15mm Sci Fi
Pack 15ALN-101

He like's Spacejacker's green camo scheme (pictured above). In truth, so do I, but I want to paint the initial bunch aas blue but not-quite Space Marines.though I'll wait till I get the minis before I make a final decision.

From a Pulp perspective there's a lot to recommend the Blue Moon range. The Thawnax Horde become a must for the unwary explorer and the Betelguesans are now likely to be the dastardly Bond villain style bad guys, always up to no good on the Orange Planet....Da, Da, Dahhh!

Cheers
Mark
.

2 comments:

  1. Actually Mark, Traveller Droyne would in all likelihood fight in groups/squads of six (given their racial fixation with that number and multiples of it). Still doesn't help with the five in a pack problem though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, but I liked the idea bck then of alien swarms for my characters to use their blasters on.

    As winged lizardy things the Droyen fitted that quite well.

    My non-Traveller canon alien bad guy heavies were Asgard's Trimotes (now 15mm.co.uk).


    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete