Monday 18 April 2011

The Walking Deaded

.
There was a lot to commend the opening episodes of The Walking Dead. The locked hospital room with DEAD INSIDE scrawled on the door, the impromptu camp of motor cars around the gas station, and the Pale Rider imagery when he rode into Atlanta.

Last night turned into standard TV fare. At least for me. But, following on from my apocalyptic post last night, do you have a Zombie Survival Plan?

Seriously! Do you have a plan? Have you ever TEWT (Tactical Exercise Without Troops) a Zombie outbreak in your home village, suburb, workplace and what you'd do to survive? We do. You see, Heather had expressed interest in how I found my Christmas stocking filler DAY TO DAY ARMAGEDDON by JL Bourne.

We ended up having a semi-serious, but fun chat over supper about the coming Zombie apocalypse. Heather took the scenario by the horns. We ditch the 4x4 and take a tractor from the dealership up the road. Zombies block the road? No problem, mow them down. Cars or lorries in the way or need a fast escape cross country - this sukka will rip through a hedgerow and cross a ditch with impunity. Plenty of spares in the local farms.

We don't intend going far - no road trip - I've staked out a farm and converted steading in the hills. Off the beaten track, own water supply, one way in, easily defended.

My preferred weapon? A sharpened shovel.Well, at least until I could get my hands on a pump action Benelli!

Cheers
Mark
 

7 comments:

  1. Nice Plan, you got everything figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read the comic book, the TV series is good, the comic book better...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Steve on this. I prefer the comic to the series, which was too slow to start. Thank goodness Resident Evil was on the following night to get a proper zombie fix in! :-) Of course, my dissatisfaction with the series could be a function of my familiarity with the comic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The comic is way better... and will chill you to the bone at times. It really is unforgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Resident Evil Extinction is a good movie - love the early Zombie stuff - loses it when Iain Glen turns into a mutant. But Ali Larter is tres cute.

    I'll pop into Forbidden Planet this week and pick up the comic.

    Cheers Guys
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  6. The comic is amazing. I liked the first few episodes of the T.V. series but was disappointed in some of the later episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In case you are interested, a friend of my sister sells Zombie Apocalypse insurance. I can put you in touch with her if you like. You get a nice framable certificate of the policy as well. Just between you and me, I think the certificate is the whole point.

    ReplyDelete