Tuesday 5 April 2011

Zombies, Girls with Guns, World War One, Oh My!

.
Is think I prefer this version of the Battle of the Somme. Seriously, well, semi-seriously, will Sucker Punch make World War One bigger than Weird/1946 Nazi fodder?


The right walkers and similar 'mechanicals' could make the trench battles of WW1 much more interesting. Don't get me wrong, I studied trench warfare tactics and have played great trench games in the past. I have 2 regiments  of 15mm Peter Pig Late War Hun, plus a Sturmbattalione of Strosstruppen and Brits to boot.

But now thinking with my Sci Fi battle bowler on, certainly an excuse to brush off my 15mm Tommies and those new ArtCrime Productions Valkyrie Battlesuits may just be the trick for WW1 mechanical combat assault troops.

I've heard Suck Punch described as a Fetish Model Zombie Inception Flick. Perfect wargames nirvana then! An excellent excuse to field Khurasan's leather clad Jollina Jo-eli to lead my gas-masked Feld Grau minions for the Kaiser.

Mmm...maybe some mileage in this. Absolutely barking, but mileage nevertheless.

Cheers
Mark
.

9 comments:

  1. My wife saw the movie while I was away at the convention. She said it was an awesome ride. Another friend of mine said it was like a live action Heavy Metal comic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this movie myself, it's a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting for it on DVD.
    The Pink Bunny Face is great.
    Lol...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to see that!!!! And I´m going to catch something for 15mm, sure, Look at that walter. This one looks like a Hygog Gundam with funny painting (or maybe I use the new Nemesis Walker from GW!?)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jo, if anyone could sculpt combat babes like that in 15mm, bet you could.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  6. My wife and I went opening day. We got what we paid for, a lot of awesome shit blowing up consistently throughout the entire film. This movie is great Wargame and RPG inspiration for any sort of sci-fantasy steampunk you can come up with. Very fun and enjoyable film.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brother Mark

    Thank you my friend. I think Ben could do them too, and get the right feel for the subject.

    I am doing some girls like this, but until I see the film, and own it on DVD, I can not say that my girls on the desk currently are right for this subject.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sucker punch ... feckin a ... should have had enter shukari on the soundtrack .,.. :-)

    ReplyDelete