Tuesday 26 April 2011

In the Pipe...... 15mm Sci Fi Space Dwarves

.
I'm delighted to present some really awesome new sculpts to appear shortly from the metalworkz caverns of Khurasan Miniatures.

Khurasan Miniatures 15mm Sci Fi
Thrainites

Here's the intel......
The Thrainites are short stocky warriors who come to fight for the Molch in the Molch Vornid War, the hard core of the volunteer forces called the Interplanetary Brigades. Pragmatic soldiers with a serious attitude toward war, the Thrainites are transported in Cane Toad APCs and have medium armour support from Goanna and Taipan Tanks.  They prefer infantry fighting at close quarters with submachine guns to make quite sure the enemy is dead,  getting valuable back-up from the occasional light machine gun.  Though short (coming up to the neck of a human, roughly), the Thrainites are exceptionally tough and stubborn.  They wear partial carapace armour.
These are the first seven sculpts including a light machinegun, making up the basic infantry force.

Now as it happens I'm not a fan of Space Dwarves per se, even though Denizen's Dwarves remain my favourite Fantasy force and Argy the (Ral Partha) Dwarf saw me through many a dungeon adventure back in the early 80's. But these new Thrainites from Jon at Khurasan have won me over big time! They have that essential ZZ Top appearance and simply look stunning! This is the level of sculpting in 15mm we should be expecting in 2011.

I think these guys are going to be a joy to paint and fun to put on the tabletop.

Cheers
Mark
.

8 comments:

  1. Wow. Sold.
    These are ideal for characterful scenario games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aHAhHahHAhH so they're not dead!!!
    they're awesome for all those "Rogue Trader" enthusiast out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang on there a mo Mr Mark. Cute though the concept of these figures are - surely these poses are classic old style and not at all realistic and exactly the sort of poses you have been railing against all these months..?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! Perfect for a sci-fi-horror reclamation of "Asteroid Mine A-537347 'Moria'" scenario against "space goblins" of whatever kind, and something more horrible as the Balrog (Space Demon Queen?)...

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be quite honest when it comes to "Space" Dwarves I really like Hasslefree's Grym. In fact i have pestered Kev more than once about seeing them in 15mm.

    These look loverly, I ponder how they will compare with Rebel Mini's Sons of Thunder. (which I have used as Not-Grunts (Unggoy) in my Halo inspired armies)

    Looking again I am already planing to fit them into My Rusted Apocalypse setting, stout defenders against the ravening hourdes of Super-Mutants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "...not exactly the sort of poses you have been railing against all these months..?"

    Which I think is indicative of how good the detail and character sculpting on these minis is.

    Plus they will fit perfectly into my recent move into more pulp genre games where each one is a recognisable and identifiable character on the tabletop.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  7. A cool set of models there. I have still to get my order in for the bears... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ben is one of the few sculptors out there which "I" respect.
    His work is like mine...more often than not.
    :)
    Serious and REAL.

    ReplyDelete