Friday 29 April 2011

Commander Cameron Shepherd Reporting

  
MASS EFFECT from BioWare is an action based role-playing game for the Xbox. It's a cracking game and essentially Traveller for the C21st. Being a digital product it not only allows you to build the background and principal traits and skills of your player character in the very best RPG traditions, but also let's you customise their physical appearance within the game.

Now, when I began MASS EFFECT 2, Heather told me that if I was going to give up 40 hours of my life on a Sci Fi adventure, I might as well spend it looking at someone pretty!


Not one to argue with such sage advice, here we have Commander 'Cameron' Shepherd, based on a blonde Cameron Diaz. which I thought would be a good contrast to the major in-game's brunette squad member Miranda Lawson.

A practical use of the tool in 15mm tabletop Sci Fi, is to create the individual physical appearance of characters for your game - particularly thing like squad rosters, in order to breath more identity and life into your figures.

Cheers
Mark
      

3 comments:

  1. Damn it, Now i have to restart as a redhead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! My Shepherd is the ugliest character I could manage, he seriously looks like Danny Trejo.

    From what I understand, your choice opens up the option of a lot of imaginary lipstick-lesbian romance in your future. What a game... Berserkers are trying to destroy the galaxy, and your shipmates are all trying to get laid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!

    Oooh Matron! An interesting take on the game.

    Closest I got was Shepherd, Miranda and Samara saving the universe in the final reel in a heart in the mouth, intense gun crawl on the Reaver ship beyond the Omega-4 Relay - Charlies Angels meets Space Hulk on acid.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete