Wednesday 25 November 2009

Life Work The Universe......

.
Rebel Minis' 15mm Nazi Zombies arrived today. 2 packs. Not bad at all, though I do prefer the bareheaded sculpts. That's now a mini project for December. Short! Sharp! Fun!

Rules? You'll like this.... CROSSFIRE!

It means that my Valley of the Fire Dragon fantasy project has had to be put back to around Easter. But Master Chef and I are going full steam ahead with a semi-serious War of the Roses project set in and around Pigchester, a fictional shire where medieval madness and mayhem ensue.

I've had fun drawing up scenarios such as Lord Percy's Pig and The Bride of Baldrick. Been on a bit of a 'mission' over the last couple of nights adding several extra stands of converted drunken, disorderly and licentious soldiery to my 15mm WoR array. All inspired by IRREGULAR WARS a free, fun set of rules aimed at recreating small-scale actions in the Tudor and Jacobbean periods. We just turned the clock back a little bit that's all.

Figs, as you will see when I can be arsed downloading the pics from the camera, and that's not tonight as Zol' is sleeping on my lap, are 15mm Peter Pig and Foundry OOP, whilst Master Chef's burgeoning retinues come from Essex Miniatures.

Incidentally both Master Chef and I independently bought a copy of the latest Wargames Illustrated 266 on the way home. Now THAT is how to do a themed wargame special! You hear me! Background, scenarios, orbats, painting and gaming. All I need are the figs, and they sell them too! Treat yourself - it's almost as good as a Lardy Xmas Special!

Cheers
Mark
.

3 comments:

  1. Nazi zombies are a gamers manna !!!!

    Weird War 2 a necessity

    Sci Fi as contaminated guards. Ambush Z in Space, at least when my two packs arrive !

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Nazi Zombies huh?"

    Ja! Nacht der Soldaten Untoten!

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete