Wednesday 4 November 2009

Mad Mark: A90 Road Warrior

.
Placed an order with QRF for some of their new 15mm Modern releases. I included one of these Panther CLVs (code MBRV04) which I see being a very useful 'survivalist' vehicle in a wide range of post apoc' settings.

If Ali Larter was my co-driver when the rest of the world had turned Zombie - bring on the apocalypse!

Seriously, I'm looking at options for my survivalists - many of the QRF Modern Brits look decently post apoc - in that enduring British Tom 'shabby' chic sort of way. I especially want to have a more 'British' take on the apocalypse - "I say, would you care for another Zombie, Vicar?".

I'll take the helmets off and give them Peter Pig or similar heads. Wooly hats from Green Stuff being de rigeur. I'm thinking of a mix of Desert and Temperate DPM cammies - plus the odd donkey jacket and Council workman florescent waistcoat (regardless of the Apocalypse there's always time for health & safety!).

Being as it's a "Very British Apocalypse" should I set my sights appropriately and cast a British actress as my co-driver? In which case, who is attractive enough to give me a reason to want to survive the apocalypse and yet be handy enough with an SA80, Heckler & Koch or even trusty old 12 bore? No 'A' listers, or Hollywood squatters - so, Thandi Newton, Saffron Burrows, Anna Friel?

Cheers
Mark

Update......definitely Thandi



.

5 comments:

  1. OOooo, I'll have to grab one of those - the truck that is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what separate heads would you need Mark ? Heads and other body parts are an ongoing sculpting project, so it will be quite easy to add new ones into the queue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Piotr

    I think the 15mm scene lacks good quality 'character' heads - guys shouting/grimacing/snarling/smoking cigar/wearing bandana.

    I'll write a post today - about 'heads'

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Might I add some savage heads for pst-apocalyptic conversions - wild hair, goggles, dust bandanas, gas masks, freaky affectations, true wasteland freak stuff.

    A Collection of hands with wasteland weapons would be good. Improvized stuff, everything from machette, spiked baseball bats, cricket bats, golf clubs, pipes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mark, always happy with new ideas to fill my secret sculpting notebook ;)

    Eli: My sculptor is working on several zombie body part sprues in 1:72 that include arms and legs with/without improvised weapons, so a sprue with 15mm weapons/items would be useful in both scales. I will pass the good news to him ;)

    ReplyDelete