Friday 20 May 2011

Alien Flying Greeblies

 
All the UAVs and drones we've seen to date in 15mm have been very human in origin. There's nothing that Chad Feldheimer could really call serious 'alien shit'.


Browsing Forbiden Planet's store in Aberdeen a couple of month's back I came across these dim sum with tentacles greeblies in a Dr Weller (?) Stargate SG1 Action Figure blister. Definitely 'alien shit' and better still  reduced to just £1.99.

I was instantly taken. I'm not into the Action Figure thing but always check them outto see if the accessories would be picking up for 15mm, either on Ebay or if the figure was at a suitably reduced price. In this case, just £1.99 - so I bought three.

I'm going to mount them on individual flight bases as 'extreme' alien remotely or articifial intelligence piloted UAVs/drones. They could also be drop pods, some form of alien jet-bike or just a missile. With some pinning, you could stand them vertically as walking/floating alien mechanical or biological multipods.

Cheers
Mark

8 comments:

  1. Looks...Matrix-ish..LOL! Very cool find...I'm hoping to come across some matchbox or hotwheels stuff that I can use for my 15mm Sci Fi figs this weekend while I'm out!

    Thanks!
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... Won't it look like the Sentinels from The Matrix with the right paint job?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thaks guys. I was wracking my brian trying to think of where I'd seen this sort of Tech before - Matrix, of course!

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep - Omer already said the first thing I saw too. Great find!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. They'd make great Grav APCs/Dropships for Phalons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are cool, I could use those for my Berserker force.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I'd bought all six that were on sale now. As the WTF moment on another players face as I put these on the table would have been worth it alone.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete