Sunday 15 May 2011

Frogstar Robotic Tank

.
One of my favourite scenes from the original Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy radio play was when Marvin (the Paranoid Android) confronts a Frogstar 'Robot' in the offices of the Hitchhikers's Guide To the Galaxy publishing house on Ursa Minor (or a parsec or two thereabouts).

My mental image of this Frogstar Robot which described itself as a 'heavy duty battle machine' was essentially a robotic tank.


Now, CMG's Dragamaa tank, KAVH1, came really close to actualising my internal vision of the Frogstar 'tank'. Robot tanks were in my psyche and their place was cemented by Planet of No Return by Harry Harrison. Then I bought this Star Wars micro-machines set on Ebay - for a song - and the seller unexpectedly threw in a Micro-Machines Star Wars Universe Trade Federation Tank....


Um-diddle-diddle! Here is my Frogstar Robot Tank. Thank you Ebay seller.

Cheers
Mark
 

2 comments:

  1. "well, dunnit that just take the biscuit! Makes me so mad methinks I'll knock that wall down!"

    From the radio Show. Easily the most influential bit of audio recording I heard during my 'formative years'. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!

    Marvin: That's very impressive.
    Frogstar Robot: Oh you ain't seen nothing yet, I can take this floor out too... no trouble!
    Frogstar Robot: Oh dear!
    Frogstar Robot: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
    Marvin: What a depressingly stupid machine.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete