Wednesday 28 October 2009

Life Work The Universe......and Asylum

.

One of my favourite ever reads is Shoeless Joe Comes to Iowa by W.P. Kinsella - subsequently turned into the movie Field of Dreams with Kevin Costner (1989). Field of Dreams is in itself a great bloke movie - esepcially if you ever have to come to terms with life and loss.

And it's not just Iowa where "all the cosmic tumblers have clicked into place and the universe appears for a few seconds, or hours, and shows you what is possible."

I finished an EDRMS project meeting this evening with a little time to spare before my train home. So I stopped by Asylum Books and Games in the Adelphi. It's on my way to the station from Exchequer House, tucked down a little cul de sac and opposite the Trade Association Club.

Asylum is one of those stores that for it's size is an Aladdin Cave - little in the way of miniatures these days due to internet sales, but Mike, the very excellent owner is an overall good bloke.

Chatting about my review of Alien Squad Leader and the blog, Mike offered me the opportunity to run games in the store. He has the gaming tables and terrain boards, a gaggle of Goth girls (TMP joke) who perpetuate the shop, and plenty of enthusiasm.

A central city venue for Alien Squad Leader, Ambush Alley et al, only 3 minutes from where I work (ahem!)..... watch this space!

Find out more about Asylum Books and Games here:


Cheers
Mark
.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool! Let me know if you need any demo game support. Just drop me an e-mail and let me know how I can help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shawn, appreciated!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete