Thursday 8 October 2009

Life Work The Universe......Redundancy

.
Well that's it, the axe has been sharpened and we are now formally in the redundancy consultation process.

The Vodka is flowing freely tonight. The positive side, is plenty of time to paint miniatures!

Regardless, I'm off to SKELP at Forfar on Saturday. I'm interested in the Sharpe Practice participation game and may just enter my Khurasan Karks into the Painting Competition.

Fri 9th October, Update....

I went into work today with a positive mental attitude. Spoke with my boss and told him I can either be a victim or I can fight my corner, and I'm going to fight my corner. I feel positive. May not save my job, but will do what I can to maximise my personal return from the high profile project I'm currently managing, so at the very least, I will have banked more experience to bolster my CV.

Slainte!
Mark
.

9 comments:

  1. This is the 90 days notice before the redundancy letters can be sent out. Can't say more on a public blog.

    I'm seeing this as an opportunity not a tolling bell.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the club... Maybe....

    Been out and looking for a real job for 18 months now....

    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I am not getting as many figures done as I would like either. Looking for work in more time consuming than actually working is....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your news

    I have been through this scenario too, so my empathy and commiserations (even though it is early days in the consultation)

    If anything (IMHO) now knowing what you expected was not paranoia (or a business sense) puts you (psychologically) in a much better situation. It allowed me to at least frame the context better and by the sounds of it you have a good chunk of time to plan ahead

    As regards your comment on it being an opportunity, I do hope in the long term it can be a positive

    Best Wishes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys

    Appreciate the comments and appreciate how lucky I am compared with others. So let's move on....

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharp Practice? You can have my copy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear your news. I really hope you find another job soon !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand... I can tell you that in Italy is even worst. I Would like to go in Bangladesh where the situation looks better.

    ReplyDelete