Sunday 20 March 2011

April's Aliens

.
A platoon's worth of Critical Mass Games' Kamaados Naga to bolster my alien Covenant have arrived and you know, I'm now kicking myself that I didn't also order some of the Kamaados Battlesuits during their recent sale.

A couple of Kaamados Dragamaa Heavy Tanks were included in the order. Somehow I thought these would physically dominate my table, but no...... and they are crackingly good models, so there's plenty of room for another platoon.
 
Anyway, pay day is fast approaching and it's time to think ahead to April. GZG should be refreshed, restored and up for business again. I know there are 15mm goodies waiting in the wings, so some cash will be put aside for Jon. Khurasan? Always plenty on my wishlist, such as more  TTC104 Special Assault Brigade in Power Armour. I'm taken by MicroPanzer Wargame Studio's alien swarm. Meant to buy them last September but health issues mitigated against this.

MicroPanzer Wargame Studios 15mm Sci Fi
Krystrial Empire Riavaui Swarm Alien Squad -- 11 figures
 courtesy MicroPanzer Wargame Studio

The Krystrial are the just the sort of pulp Sci Fi novel/console game aliens that should be the staple of every 15mm Sci Fi, gamer's collection.  If you are looking for one pack of multi-purpose aliens with guns then the 'swarm' pack pictured above is it.

The range of figures in the swarm is broad enough to be anything from low VSF Green Martians to high tech sentient alien greeblies with pulse rifles overrunning human settlements.

One of these 'Swarm' packs alone (pictured above) would be perfect on it's own for 15mm skirmish and RPG games, offering a decent sprectrum of troops and weapons in one pack. It also becaones a good core force on which to build an alien raiding party or even whole army (thinking ASQL v0.2) from the other packs in the range.

Cheers
Mark
.

5 comments:

  1. I really want to get some of these aliens. They might make for a nice indigenous threat to a colony or imperial force.

    -Eli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these minis from MicroPanzer, I have to get some...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool. I hadn't seen those MicroPanzer aliens. They are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They remind me of the alien Kafer from Traveler 2300 AD. The carapace is the main selling point. The six arms are a tad off but not insurmountable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, the six legs do it for me. I'm wondering if they will make allies for GZG's "Crusties" or minions for Critical Mass Games Praesentia.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete